Proselytisation and the feeble mind

.
I went to the Anglo Chinese School (ACS) in Sitiawan (Perak) for the reduced while. All non-muslim students were compulsory to attend chapel, each Friday morning. I, the non-Christian, did not wish to. But the propagandize pronounced we must. In the 1970s as well as 1980s, we just did what the propagandize pronounced we should do. No Facebook or blogs to whine. So for multiform months, we as well as my pick non-muslim non-christian friends attended chapel each week. I, however, did not turn the Christian.

Growing up in Sitiawan those days, there were many door-to-door preachers. The folks from Jehovah Witness will come to your residence (if we let them in), evangelise for hours about how great their trail was as well as that we could go to heaven if we became the single of them. we listened attentively. I, however, did not turn the Christian. [there was once when my brother as well as we threw stones during them but we was usually eleven then. Sorry]

I lived in the lodging place during my delegate propagandize days. 99% of the students were muslims. we lived, studied, slept, played as well as ate with my lodging place mates. we was the usually non-muslim. Every pick day, the student would come up to me as well as discuss it me how smashing Islam was, as well as that we would be improved off by converting in to Islam. They all meant-well. we listened to all of them for 5 years. I, however, did not turn the Muslim.

During my delegate propagandize days, we attended agama classes. Because we was the single of the really few non-muslims in the school, there were no pick subjects. So, for twice the week, for 5 years, we sat as well as listened to the ustaz training everything from Sejarah Islam to the hadis to reciting the Quran. we learnt so much about Islam afterwards (although we contingency admit that we have forgotten the lot of it). I, however! , did no t turn the Muslim.

When we went to university, we had classmate who was the Bahai. He would evangelise the beauty of Bahaism as well as how it was a! complicated religion. He invited me to his residence multiform times upon the stratagem of carrying the party. But it was regularly the Bahai duty where he as well as associate believers would exhort the virtues of his religion. we did find it engaging as well as we listened (plus the food was good. I, however, did not turn the Bahai.

Another of my university mates was the fixed Hare Krishna man. He would give me books as well as brochures upon Hare Krishna. we even followed him to his church as well as attended prayers sessions. The vegetarian food was good. we in actuality even bought some books upon my own to learn some-more about Hare Krishna movement. I, however, did not turn the Hare Krishna follower.

My wife as well as we have busy the Buddhist church in Petaling Jaya for various reasons in the past. we like the sourroundings during the temple. we have illuminated joss sticks during the church many times. I, however, did not turn the Buddhist.

In the past 5 years, we have been to Vatican 3 times. we have spent the lot of time during St. Peters. we even attended meetings during the Vatican (yes during the invitation of the Pontificate Academy of Sciences. Yes, the Vatican has the own academy of sciences). And drank the lot of booze while listening to Catholic priests. I, however, did not turn the Christian.


Moral of my story : You figure it out.


Monyet King additionally says
A bunch of proboscis monkeys from Sukau, Sabah have been perplexing to convert me in to becoming the single of them. My faith is being exceedingly tested. Help.





Courtesy of Bonology.com Politically Incorrect Buzz & Buzz

No comments: