Zunar rejects cartoonist award from PM Najib


Political cartoonist Zunar pronounced which he rejected an endowment which was to be conferred by Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak for a 1Malaysia existence as well as animationexhibitionat Pasar Seni, last Sunday.

"I do not wish awards or money. What we wish have been my rights. Return my rights to me," a cartoonist, whose real name is Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, toldMalaysiakini.

suaram scorpene case fundraising cooking 160612 zunar"Anyway Najib is a a single who is ostensible to consult a award. The male underneath whose administration department we was arrested, my books were banned as well as confiscated, military raided my bureau as well as restrictions were placed on publishers, distributors as well as printers from printing as well as edition my book.

"Return my rights, concede me to publish my books as well as take divided a restrictions against me, afterwards may be we shall cruise to attend."

Zunar (above) had also oral out against what he perceived to be Najib's try tomake cartooniststoe a supervision line.

He related how he was approached by a corner organisers of a event, Cartoonist At Work (CAW) as well as Putera Umno who wanted him to be a single of a recipients of a cartoonist feat award.

"I rejected it because we think it is an try to buy as well as silence me," pronounced Zunar, poi! nting ou t which CAW's enthusiast is actually Sohaimi Shahadan, a Putera Umno exco member.

CAW have also recently perceived aRM5 million grantfrom a Information, Communication as well as Culture Ministry to produce local existence as well as existence products
Read More @ Source



More Barisan Nasional (BN) | Pakatan Rakyat (PR) | Sociopolitics Plus |
Courtesy of Bonology.com Politically Incorrect Buzz & Buzz

No comments: