Aziz Bari mulls legal action against Utusan, media

By Lisa J. Ariffin

KUALA LUMPUR, October sixteen Professor Dr Abdul Aziz Bari is mulling legal action opposite Utusan Malaysia as well as alternative media for slander.

Last week, the IIUM law lecturer was quoted by the news portal (Malaysiakini) as describing the Selangor Sultans involvement in the Jais-church emanate as unusual as well as inconsistent.

This prompted criticisms in council from lawmakers including Kinabatangan MP Datuk Bung Moktar Radin as well as Kulim Bandar Baru MP Datuk Zulkifli Noordin.

I have never questioned the Sultans in front of as the conduct of religion; in fact, we concurred his power. we usually commented upon how it was used, Abdul Aziz pronounced in the press matter today.

The fraud accusations opposite me have been to provoke the people to hate me. They have additionally disfigured my words as well as pronounced we refused to apologise, he added.

What is my fault? With whom should we apologise to? Abdul Aziz (picture) asked.

I usually done the criticism in my margin of studies. Accusing me of fraud is not logical as we have created most articles upon the monarchy in Malaysia.

Abdul Aziz forked which his PhD thesis The Development as well as Role of Constitutional Monarchy (1996) which was presented during the University of Birmingham in England overwhelmed upon the energy of royalty as well as most religious aspects.

I additionally wrote the usually article upon the religious energy of kings in my book Islam in the Constitution (2005), he said.

Is it logical which I, with so most writing, have to betray as well as be rude to the kings? he asked.

Abdul Aziz pronounced he was aware which the webTV hire had offered to unite the debate between him as well as Zul Noordin, who had told the highbrow to resign from his post as the highbrow as well as join governing body i! nstead.< /p>

I am ready for this. we hope Zul wont run away as well as is usually brave in parliament, he said.

I am not interested in politics. we usually want to share what we have been researching all this while.


No comments: