From Tunku Abdul Rahman's Granddaughter


by Sharyn Lisa Shufiyan, 24, Conservationist
Both my relatives have been Malay. My mum's heritage includes Chinese, Thai
and Arab, whilst my father is Minangkabau. Due to my skin colour, you am
often in error for the Chinese.

I'm happy which you do not have the standard Malay look though you do get
annoyed when people call me Ah Moi or ask me straight up "Are you
Chinese or Malay"

Like, because does it matter? Before you used to answer "Malay" though now I'm
trying to consciously answer Malaysian instead.

There's this incident from primary school which you remember till today.
Someone told me which you will be called final during Judgement Day
because you do not have the Muslim name. Of course, you was scared afterwards though
now which I'm older, you realize which the name is just the name. It doesn't
define you as the great or bad person as well as there is really no such
thing as the Muslim name. You can be declared Rashid or Ali as well as still be the
Christian.

I've listened of the 1Malaysia concept, though you consider you do not need to be
told to be united. We've come such the prolonged way which it should already
be embedded in the hearts as well as minds which you have been united. Unfortunately,
you can still see racial discrimination as well as polarisation. There is
still this ethno-centric perspective which the Malays have been the dominant group
and their rights contingency be protected, as well as non Malays have been perpetually the
outsiders.

For the judgment to succeed, you consider the s! upervisi on should stop with
the competition politics. It's tiring, really. We grew up with duplicate
forms asking us to parasite the race. We should stop portrayal the negative picture of the alternative races, stop thinking about 'us' as well as 'them' as well as
focus upon 'we', 'our' as well as 'Malaysians'.

No the single should be done uncomfortable in their own home. A dear Chinese
friend of mine said to me once, "I do not feel nationalistic since you am
not done to feel like Malaysia is my home, as well as you do not feel an
affinity to China since you have never lived there.

you know the little baby Nyonya friends who can trace their origin behind
hundreds of years. I'm the fourth era Malaysian. If you am
Bumiputra, because can't they be, too? Clearly you have issues with the
term.

you consider the categorical reason because you still can't achieve sum togetherness is
because of this 'Malay rights' concept. I'd rather 'Malay rights' be
replaced by human rights. So unless you get rid of this Bumiputra
status, or reform the views as well as policies upon rights, you will never
achieve unity.

For my merdeka wish, I'd like for Malaysians to have some-more voice, to be
respected as well as heard. you instruct which the supervision would uphold the loyal
essence of parliamentary democracy. you instruct for the people to no longer
fear as well as distinguish opposite any other, to see which you have been the single as well as
the same.

you instruct which Malaysia would indeed live up to the tourism turn of
Malaysia indeed Asia . Malaysians to lead - whatever their ethnic
background.Only ONE NATIONALITY MALAYSIAN. No Malays, No Chinese, No
Indians - ONLY MALAYSIANS. Choose whatever sacrament the single is comfortable
with.

Remember it was Dr M & UMNO who broken Tunku's Malaysia .

MERDEKA
MERDEKA
MERDEKA

Permalink | Leave the comment


Courtesy of Bonology.com Politically Incorrect Buzz & Buzz

No comments: